— HDBaseT-enabled products guarantee best performance and user experience to handle COVID-19 challenges–
CEDIA EXPO, September 15, 2020 – High-quality residential AV distribution has become increasingly essential as more people are working and learning from home, and limiting any activities outside their space. HDBaseT is the most optimized technology to guarantee a superior residential experience, with long-reach distribution of high-speed video and data and plug-and-play architecture.
The HDBaseT Alliance, the cross-industry association tasked with promoting and advancing the HDBaseT standard, is engaged with its members to provide enhanced solutions to address the needs of the market today. HDBaseT is the ultimate technology to addres the different needs of the residential market:
- Outdoor displays: To take full advantage of our backyards, high-quality AV distribution and resilience to handle hot or cold weather, rain and even snow is critical. HDBaseT optimizes outdoor display installations, providing superior quality over long-distances. Leading manufacturers, such as LG, Samsung & Seura have recently launched HDBaseT-enabled, high-performance outdoor displays to address the needs of the market. HDBaseT enables ultra-bright picture quality, delivering high visibility even during the day, over long reach cables with no latency.
- Remote working & learning: HDBaseT presents an affordable solution to extend USB2.0 for up to 100m/328ft over a single twisted pair, in addition to Ethernet, audio, and control interfaces, while enabling power distribution over the remaining pairs.This is particularly beneficial for the extension of USB accessories such as cameras and audio devices, which is necessary to upgrade the working and learning from home environments. HDBaseT is also the optimal solution for a hybrid educational solution, catering both to students at home, or classes divided in separate, smaller spaces with only one teacher.
- Home Theater: As a result of travel limitations during this pandemic, home entertainment has become a must. HDBaseT allows upgrading of the home entertainment system, connecting high-end displays and projectors in an elegant installation with no cable clutter, while maintaining the highest image quality and supporting all the latest high quality video formats. HDBaseT is the only long-distance video distribution solution in the market that delivers uncompressed HDMI2.0.
“Despite the many challenges we are currently facing, technology can significantly improve our lives with superior connectivity and ease of installation,” said Tzahi Madgar, President, HDBaseT Alliance. “HDBaseT is the one technology that continues to expand the possibilities available to us, whether at home or in the office. With HDBaseT-enabled products, you know you are not compromising on quality or performance.”
Join us at CEDIA EXPO 2020 to learn more:
- Upgrading Residential Installations with HDBaseT Spec 3.0
Live session with Gabi Shriki, Sr. Vice President & Head of Audio-Video Business Unit, Valens
Wednesday, September 16th, 2pm EDT
- Audio Return Channel: How to Manage Whole Home Audio with Smart TV’s Internal Apps
Live session with Tom Devine, Marketing Director, AVPro Edge
Wednesday, September 16th, 4pm EDT
- The Importance of CEC and ARC in Today’s Connected Home
Live session with Jonathan Regalado-Hawkey, Business Development Director, Pulse-Eight
Thursday, September 17th, 11am EDT
- One Step Ahead: Keeping Order in Chaos
Live session with Keith Kennedy, Managing Director, Grandbeing Technologies-USA
Thursday, September 17th, 2pm EDT
HDBaseT, powered by the Valens chipset, enables all-in-one connectivity between ultra-HD video sources and remote displays through a single 100m/328ft CAT6 cable or fiber, delivering high definition 4K video, audio, USB, Ethernet, control signals and up to 100 watts of power.
About the HDBaseT Alliance
The HDBaseT Alliance advances and promotes the adoption of HDBaseT technology as the global standard for ultra-high-definition, digital connectivity. Since its founding in 2010 by LG Electronics, Samsung Electronics, Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Valens, the Alliance has brought together the leading names in the consumer electronics, professional AV, industrial and automotive sectors, and it has today more than 200 members and thousands of products. Learn more at www.hdbaset.org.
HDBaseT Alliance+972-9-762-6945 (O)