- What type of information does HDBaseT Alliance collect?
- How do we use your Personal Data?
- Where do we store your Personal Data?
- Who do we share your Personal Data with?
- Our cookies technology and other tracking technologies
- Safeguarding your Personal Data
- Communication and your Rights
- How long may HDBaseT Alliance keep Personal Data?
- Your Access and Opting Out
- HDBaseT Alliance Data Protection Officer
- Official English Version
- How to contact us.
- Appendix US.
2. What types of information does HDBaseT Alliance collect?
HDBaseT Alliance collects three main types of data from our Members, Installer Zone users, authorized trainers, certified experts, website/landing page leads, event leads, visitors and contractors as well as other users (to the extent that you are any of such individual ,”you“):
- Personnel Data you Provide Us
Such Personal Data includes any data or information you may provide which is identifiable to you (either in itself or due to the manner in which it was provided or the data with which it was provided or generated), such as your name, company and position, contact details (such as e-mails address, phones and contact addresses), account login details (such as usernames and hashed passwords), as well as any free-form text you might choose to provide us through.
Below is a description of some of the ways that you may provide your Personal Information to us, as well as further details on how we may use such information.
- Sign-Up Information and Member Account. You provide us with your information, such as your name, username, password, email address, territory and industry when you register a Member account with the Website.
- Contact Us/Feedback. If you email us through the https://installers.hdbaset.org/contact/ contact us” link on our Website, we may ask you for information such as your name and email address so we can respond to your questions and comments. If you choose to correspond with us via email, we may retain the content of your email messages, your email address and our response to you. In certain cases, and with your permission, we may post content from your emails to us on the HDBaseT Website.
- Questionnaires and Surveys. We may occasionally ask users of our Website to complete online surveys and opinion polls about their activities, attitudes and interests. These surveys help us better serve you and improve the usefulness of the Website. In requesting your participation in these surveys we may ask you to provide you name and email address to us.
- User Content. Our Website offers its users the opportunity to share content – for instance, on bulletin boards and blogs and in chat rooms. If you choose to use these features, you should be aware that any Information you submit through these features can be read, collected, or used by other viewers of these forums and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the Personal Information you choose to submit in these forums.
- Personal Data collected or generated about you: such Personal Data includes data and information concerning your usage of the HDBaseT Alliance Website, its Members’ products, or statistics regarding your usage of HDBaseT technology (where such Data is collected using HDBaseT Alliance Website, royalties reports etc.). Such Personal Data, as detailed below, could include IP addresses, device, system and software details, cookies and similar tracking data, click-stream and usage logs, and similar data and information concerning log-in attempts, usage and use preferences regarding the Website and use of HDBaseT technology.
You are not legally required to provide us with such Personal Data, or to have such Personal Data collected about you, but in some cases the lack of certain Personal Data may prevent us from providing access to our Website including support to our Members or any parts or features in relation thereof.
3. How do We Use Your Personal Data
We will use your Personal Data for the following purposes and uses, in accordance with HDBaseT Alliance legitimate interests and /or as necessary for fulfilling our legal obligations, including but not limited to:
- To provide support or other services. HDBaseT Alliance may use your Personal Data to respond to your requests and to provide you with our products, support or other services and Website offerings or which we think may be relevant to a subject in which you have demonstrated an interest. We may match information collected from you through different means or at different times, including your Personal Data and use such information along with information obtained from other sources, including (without limitation) any of our third parties.
- To select content, improve quality, and facilitate use of the Websites.HDBaseT Alliance may use your Personal Data, including the information gathered as a result of Website navigation and electronic protocols and cookies (including third-party cookies), to help create and personalize Website content, monitor and improve Website quality and marketing efforts, track marketing campaign responsiveness, evaluate page response rates, conduct usability testing, and facilitate your use of the Website, features and services (for example, to facilitate navigation and the login process, avoid duplicate data entry, enhance security and safe operation of our Website and manage any communication between you and us)
- To assess usage of HDBaseT products and services.HDBaseT Alliance may track your usage of HDBaseT products and services to determine your level of usage, and those usage statistics may be made available to HDBaseT Alliance’s content licensors and your company/institution.
- To communicate with you about a meeting, conference or event.We may communicate with you about specifications, working groups’ activities and meetings including data repository and mailing list, webinars, HDBaseT Alliance meetings, conferences, HDBaseT Alliance newsletters and other educational or promotional events, or event hosted or co-sponsored by HDBaseT Alliance or one of our business associates for its member and other contacts. This may include information about the event’s content, event logistics, payment, updates, and additional information related to the event. Information you provide when registering for or participating in a conference managed or co-sponsored by parties, other than or in addition to HDBaseT Alliance may be shared with those parties, and the treatment of such information is further subject to the privacy policies of those parties. HDBaseT and its conference co-sponsors may contact you after the event about the event, subsequent iterations of the event and related events. Please note that HDBaseT Alliance conference, meeting or event organizers, co-sponsors, exhibitors, and other third parties may directly request your Personal Data at their conference booths or presentations. Providing your information to them is optional, and you should review their privacy policies to address your particular needs and concerns about how they will treat your Personal Data.
- To consider you for a higher or change your membership level at HDBaseT Alliance.HDBaseT Alliance may use personal information such as your name, education, work history, and volunteer activities to consider any changes in your Membership in the HDBaseT Alliance. HDBaseT Alliance may need to share this information with HDBaseT Alliance Members and others parties involved in evaluating your eligibility.
- To update you on relevant HDBaseT Alliance benefits, programs, and opportunities.HDBaseT Alliance may communicate with you regarding relevant HDBaseT Alliance benefits, programs, and opportunities available to you, through your Membership(s) with HDBaseT Alliance.
- To engage with third parties. HDBaseT Alliance may share your Personal Data with third parties in connection with services that these individuals or entities perform for or with HDBaseT Alliance. These third parties are restricted from using this data in any way other than to provide services for HDBaseT Alliance or for the collaboration in which they and HDBaseT Alliance are contractually engaged. These third parties are carefully selected by HDBaseT Alliance and obligated to keep your data secure. From time to time, we may also share your information with third parties whom we think might provide content, products, or services of interest to you.
- To protect HDBaseT Alliance content and services.We may use your information to prevent potentially illegal activities and to enforce our terms and conditions. We also use a variety of technological systems to detect and address anomalous activity and to screen content to prevent abuse, such as spam. These efforts may, on occasion, result in a temporary or permanent suspension or termination of some functions for some users.
- To get feedback or input from you.In order to deliver services of most interest to our Members, from time to time, we may ask Members, users and website visitors to provide us input and feedback (for example through surveys, usability studies, focus groups).
- To manage and assess risk, enhance our and our Members’ data security and fraud prevention capabilities, and help protect against error, fraud or any illegal or prohibited activity;
- To act as permitted by, and to comply with, any applicable legal or regulatory requirements;
- With respect to Personal Data of our Members, to act as instructed by the respective member acting in its capacity of “Data Controller”, whereas we act in our capacity as “Data Processor” (as both such terms are commonly interpreted under EU data protection and privacy laws); and
- To conduct any additional activities that may require the use of your Personal Data, for which we will request your specific approval in advance.
4. Where do we store your Personal Data?
HDBaseT Alliance is an Oregon nonprofit corporation having its principal offices in the United States, with Members located globally, in Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific and Israel.
GDPR regulations to which HDBaseT Alliance is committed to comply with can be found at: https://www.eugdpr.org/
5. Who do we share your Personal Data with?
HDBaseT Alliance may share your Personal Data with third parties (or otherwise allow them access to it) only in the following manners and instances:
- Third Party Services Providers. We may use selected third-party service providers to help us operate, maintain and enhance our Website and complement, facilitate and deliver the HDBaseT certified products and services. These services may include Website or database hosting companies, communications providers, email Website providers, data analytics services, data and cyber security services, banks, payment processors and correspondents, fraud detection and prevention services, e-mail distribution and monitoring services, session recording, remote access services, and our business, legal and financial advisors (collectively “Third Party Services”).
Such Third Party Services may receive or otherwise have access to your Personal Data, depending on each of their particular roles and purposes in facilitating and enhancing our Websites, products and business, and may only use it for such purposes. Such disclosure or access is normally subject to the recipient’s undertaking of confidentiality obligations, and the prevention of any independent right to use this information by the recipients, except as required to help us provide our services and promote our technology. HDBaseT Alliance remains responsible and liable for any Personal Data processing done by Third Party Services on its behalf, except for events outside of its reasonable control.
- Aggregate Statistics. We may disclose non-hourly identifiable aggregate statistics regarding user behavior as a measure of interest in, and use of, our Website and emails to third parties in the form of aggregate data, such as overall patterns or demographic reports, which do not describe or identify any individual user. Information relating to aggregate statistics may be collected through the use of third-party cookies and other third party tracking devices.
- Government/Law Enforcement Agencies and Legal Requests or Duties. We may disclose or otherwise allow access to your Personal Data if required to do so by law such as a subpoena, search warrant or court order, or in compliance with applicable laws, with or without notice to you, or in response to lawful requests by public authorities including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, or if we have good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to the law, comply with a judicial or court order or comply with legal process served on us or Affiliated Parties; (b) investigate, prevent, protect and defend our rights and property, the Site, the users of the Site, and/or our Affiliated Parties or regarding actual or suspected illegal activity, fraud, or other wrongdoing; or (c) act under circumstances to protect the safety of users of our Website, us, or third parties.
6. Our Cookies Policy and other tracking technology
In order to delete or block any cookies, please refer to the “Help” area on your internet browser for further instructions, or look for optional third-party add-ons offering cookie management assistance. For example, you can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the website you visit. Click “Help” in the toolbar of your browser for instructions. Please note however that deleting any of HDBaseT Alliance’s cookies or disabling future cookies or tracking technologies, may prevent you from accessing certain areas or features of our Websites, or may otherwise adversely affect your user experience. Please note that we do not change our practices in response to a “Do Not Track” signal in the HTTP header from a browser or mobile application.
- IP Address. Our servers automatically collect data about your Internet Protocol address when you visit us. When you request pages from our Website, our servers may log your IP Address and sometimes your domain name. Our server may also record the referring page that linked you to us (e.g., another Site or a search engine); the pages you visit on our Websites; the website you visit after this Website; other information about the type of web browser, computer, platform, related software and settings you are using; any search terms you have entered on this Website or a referral website; and other web usage activity and data logged by our web servers (“Site Usage Information”). We use this information for internal system administration, to help diagnose problems with our servers and to administer our Websites. Such information may also be used to gather broad demographic information, such as country of origin and internet site provider. We may also link this information with your Personal Data. Any or all of these activities with regard to the above-described Website usage Information may be performed on our behalf by our Third Party Services providers.
- Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter Plugins. The Website integrates plugins of the social networks Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Users can recognize on our Website pages Facebook-plugins by the Facebook-Logo or the addition “Facebook Social Plugin” or the “Like-Button” (“Like”), LinkedIn plugins such as “Share on LinkedIn” or “Apply with LinkedIn” and similarly the Twitter plugins. When users visit the Website pages, these plugins establishe a connection between a user’s browser/smartphone and the applicable social network server. Thereby Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter may gain information on the fact that a user with a certain IP-address has visited the Website. If a user interacts with these plugins, e. g. by clicking on the Facebook “Like-Button” or entering a comment to Twitter, while being logged in to such user’s Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter Account, a user links the contents of the Website pages to his social network profile. Thereby Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter can correlate a user’s visit of the Website page with such user’s account. HDBaseT Alliance does not have any knowledge of the content of the transmitted data or its usage by Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter. Users are advised to consult in accordance with such company’s respective privacy policies.
- Google Analytics. The Website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses ‘cookies’, text files that are saved on your computer and allow your use of the Website to be analyzed. The information about your visit collected by the cookie (including your IP address) is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and saved there. If the Website has activated IP anonymization, Google first abbreviates your IP address within your state. The full IP address will only be transferred to a Google server in the USA and abbreviated there in exceptional cases. Google will use the information collected on behalf of the Site operator to evaluate your use of the Website, to compile reports about your activities within the Website, and to provide further services related to use of the Website and Internet use. Google will under no circumstances associate the IP address transmitted by your browser within the operations of Google Analytics with other Google data. You can prevent the installation of the cookies by entering the corresponding settings in your browser software. However, please note that in this case you may not be able to use the complete range of functions of the Website to their full extent receive information about your visits and interaction with services provided by others.
7. Safeguarding your Personal Data
HDBaseT Alliance has implemented security measures designed to protect your Personal Data held with us, including physical, procedural and electronic measures. Among other things, we offer HTTPS secure access to our Websites; we use industry standard SSL/TLS encrypted connections to protect the transmission of information that we believe in good faith to be of a sensitive nature; we use encryption tools to protect such sensitive information stored with us; we regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and seek new ways and tools for further enhancing the security of our Websites and the integrity of the Personal Data that we hold.
Please note however, that regardless of the measures we take and the efforts we make, we cannot and do not guarantee the absolute protection and security of any Personal Data stored with us and/or with any third parties as described in Section 5 above. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise information security. You acknowledge and agree to assume this risk when using the Websites and when communicating with us, and your use of the Websites is at your own risk. You should be aware that if you voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information in your communications with third parties linked from the Website or in other materials, that information, along with any other information disclosed in your communication, such information can be collected and correlated and used by such third parties and may result in your receiving unsolicited messages from other persons. We strongly encourage you to set strong passwords for your account(s), avoid using the “save password” feature in your browser, and protect your account against unwanted access on your end (for example, do not share your login credentials with others, or allow them free access to your logged-in device). If you have any questions regarding the security of our Services, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Communications and your rights
Promotional Messages: In addition to communications that are an inherent part of our Websites, occasionally we may also use your contact information to contact and notify you about important changes to the Website, updates, new services and special opportunities we think you will find valuable. We may contact you through e-mail, the Website, or any other contact information (such as your mobile phone number) you have provided us on the website or at meetings or conferences.
By providing HDBaseT Alliance with your e-mail address or any other contact information (e.g., when you register to a webinar, event, to schedule a demo or otherwise), you expressly agree to receive promotional content, messages or calls from HDBaseT Alliance or our partners (acting on our behalf) through such means. Accordingly, we shall be entitled to call you or send you promotional content or messages by e-mail, SMS, direct text messages, marketing calls and similar forms of communication.
If you wish to exercise your right to access and/or request us to make corrections to your Personal Data that you have stored with us (either yours or your organization’s end-users), or to delete it, please send us an e-mail email@example.com, and we will respond within a reasonable timeframe and in accordance with applicable laws.
If you wish not to receive such emails and/or promotional messages or calls, you may notify HDBaseT Alliance at any time by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org,or by following the “unsubscribe” link contained in each of our emails and/or promotional communications you receive which shall link you to unsubscribe subscription Center page.
Service Messages: HDBaseT Alliance may also contact you with important information regarding our Websites. For example, we may notify you (through any of the means available to us) of changes or updates to our services, payment issues, service maintenance, etc. You will not be able to opt-out of receiving such service messages. Please understand that if you opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your existing relationship, activities and business with us.
9. How long may HDBaseT Alliance keep Personal Data?
We may retain your organization’s (including its users’ and end-users as applicable) Personal Data for as long as such organization’s account with us is active or as otherwise needed to provide or Websites to your organization. We may retain such Personal Data even after the organization or a particular user deactivates their account or cease to use our Websites, as may be requested by their organization, and possibly longer as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes regarding any of our customers, users or their end-users, prevent fraud and abuse, enforce our agreements and/or protect our legitimate interests.
10. Your Access and Opting Out
- You may choose at any time not to receive future promotional, advertising, or other Websites or in connection with our communications emails from us, by selecting an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email that we send. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving the foregoing emails, we may still respond to communications initiated by you, as well as send administrative emails that are necessary to facilitate your use of the Website and/or our services. You can also make this request by sending an email to email@example.com specifying whether: (i) you would like to opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from HDBaseT in general, or just via e-mail, postal mail and/or by phone, and/or whether (ii) you would only like to opt out of certain of our e-newsletters, communication or correspondence.
- You retain the right to decline to submit your Personal Data through HDBaseT Websites, in which case we may not be able to provide certain Sites to you. However, if you choose to provide your Personal Data to the HDBaseT Alliance, we will provide you with the ability to access, correct, update or delete your Personal Data you have provided to our Websites by emailing admin@HDBaseT.org . Before we are able to provide you with any information or correct any inaccuracies, we may ask you to verify your identity and provide other details to help us to respond to your request.
- Before we are able to provide you with any information or correct any inaccuracies, we may ask you to verify your identity and provide other details to help us to respond to your request.
11. HDBaseT Alliance Data Protection Officer
If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from our Privacy team, you may escalate concerns to the applicable data protection authority in your jurisdiction.
13. Official English Version
14. How to Contact Us
15. Appendix US
- California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our Members who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure (if any) of Personal Data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To the extent applicable, you may make such a request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.
- Deletion Of Content From California Residents. If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and a registered user of HDBaseT Alliance services, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to remove content or Personal Data you have publicly posted. If you wish to remove such content or Personal Data, please contact email@example.com, and provided you specify which content or Personal Data you wish to be removed, we will do so in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware that after removal you will not be able to restore removed content or Personal Data. In addition, such removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or Personal Data you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require (or allow) us to enable removal.
Effective Date: May 25th, 2018
Last updated: June 3rd, 2018